We collect the following information from or about our Education Customers, through registration, rostering and Product usage:
Information Collected from Administrators / Educators
- Educator registration data: First and last name, email address, grade level taught, school association, role at school, and user name/password.
- Student roster data: First and last names, student ID numbers, grade level, user name/password, reading level or other performance data.
- Content submitted by a school administrator, teacher, or other educator, such as notes.
Information Collected from Students
- Coursework and content created by a student, such as notes and responses to questions, activities, bookmarks, highlights, time spent in the Product, game play, assessments, and other assignments, whether through open text fields or multiple choice questions.
Any content-sharing features in our Products do not use open text fields and only require the recipient’s email address. We use that information to send the message, and we do not keep it.
Some Products have a feature where students can post anonymous responses to topical questions. Student responses are moderated to remove any Personal Information before posting.
The Student Data collected varies by Product, and some Products collect none. If you have questions about Student Data collected by any particular Product, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information Collected Automatically
- Product usage data related to the user: How, where (in a general sense based on IP address, not precise), when and for how long a user uses our Products.
- Product usage data related to the Product: What content the user views, what actions the user takes (for example, clicks, touches, hovers using a mouse), and how the user navigates through our Products.
- Device or systems information: Operating system, mobile device type, browser type and version, and referring URL.
Information collected automatically may be linked to individual educators; it is not linked to individual students.
Automatic collection technologies include cookies, pixel tags, and other tools.